Wednesday, July 2, 2008

This and That

So in terms of the world nothing special has happened to our family, but for our family some pretty fun stuff has been going on.
1. Nathan cooked a delicious meal for us the other night that was not tacos, strogannoff(sp) or spaghetti. He was watching Rachel Ray on the food channel and decided to be ambitious. The meal turned out to be awesome. I will give the recipe at the end of my post.
2. Rexy is now sleeping eight or nine hours at night
3. We planted our first tree in our yard and it is my favorite kind of tree. A Magnolia.
4. Caroline has discovered crayons and pens. Whenever we are not in the room she is trying to color on the furniture. If anyone has some good ideas on how to discipline with love please let me know and that is serious.
5. My favorite holiday is just around the corner. The 4th of July or better known as independence day.
6. Nathan only has one more day in the store. Whahoooo!!!!
7. We were called as nursery leaders in our ward. I love kids.
8. I finally was able to run three miles. My goal is to run a marathon before my next child.
9. I took the picture of the pool from my yard to entice Marcus or anyone to come visit us.
10. Caroline is into shoes. She will walk everywhere in my shoes. She is going to be a girly, girl. What do I d0?!






Chicken stuffed with Blue cheese and spinach.

4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken
1-2 C. of crumbled blue cheese
1-2 C. freshly chopped spinach
8 pieces of uncooked thick bacon.
Preheat oven to 350. Make slits in the chicken so you are able to stuff them. combine cheese and spinach. Mix with hand. Fill chicken with desired amount of mixture. Wrap one-two pieces of bacon around each piece of chicken. Place on baking sheet. Cook for twenty minutes. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

I can't believe that is Caroline in the picture! She is so big and her haircut makes her looks so much older! So good to hear what you guys have been up to!

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

Bentonville here we come!! I've heard great things about pools in Arkansas but that picture made my head pop!

Unknown said...

We miss you tons guys. Congrats on the nursery calling. Here is our blogspot address: www.nkemorris.blogspot.com

Nate and Kris

C-Biscuit said...

Wow, Nate cooked dinner that wasn't a frozen burrito. Amazing! And where does he get all the ingredients now that he doesn't have roommates to take from??? You still owe me a Fanta you fetcher.

*** said...

Rachael Ray is really great, way to go Nate! I love that you can plant a Magnolia tree and it will survive there, what a treat! Good luck with the nursery calling, a fun one :). It will help you get to know all the young parents in the ward at least.

Kyle and Ashlee said...

Your house is so gorgeous I can't even stand it. It sounds like things are going great for you guys. The kids are darling....I can't get enough of them. We miss you already.